Tuesday, December 1, 2009

100th Post!

As I pressed the New Post button I noticed that I was at 99 posts. This is my 100th! (Well, one post isn't actually published -- it's a "draft" that I use for notes. But, that's just a technicality.)

I think this is the only diary I've ever consistently written to. I remember my first attempt at one back when I was living in Modesto (Central California) one year as a child. I created the diary by first writing the date on every page of a notebook....fully intending to make an entry each and every day that year. I learned quickly how naive that approach was. Two obvious problems with that system were:
  1. Many pages were going to be wasted, as I obviously wasn't going to write in it every day.
  2. It didn't allow for those days on which I had more to say than would fit on one page.
I abandoned that diary within a week or so of creating it.

I created subsequent diaries without pre-dating the pages. But, they still flopped.

What has made this one different? I think it's because it's a diary with a specific focus. It's not a diary about my life, though I do occasionally write personal things like I am today. It's specifically about my experiences in WoW. And, since I play it several times a week, on average, there's usually something to say.

I wonder if I'll have a 200th post?

No comments:

Post a Comment