Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 2, 2009

Last night I logged in and had a brief chat with my previous guild leader. I assured her that I would be moving my mage to the new guild soon. But I had to raid last night on my priest.

Onyxia 25 (Priest)
Our Onyxia 25 run wasn't as smooth as it could have been, but we one-shotted it, as usual. No drops for me.

ToC 25 (Priest)
I healed all boss encounters in ToC 25. I got a Trophy of the Crusade, which I used to buy Velen's Cowl of Triumph. I socked it with a +34 Spirit gem. But, I might change that to a Spellpower or Intellect one, giving up the socket bonus. We'll see.

My darned mace didn't drop -- hmmm...always seems to be my luck when I'm hoping for a certain mace. Ah well, maybe in two weeks (next week I'll be on vacation).

I can't decide if going for the 4th piece of the Tier set is worth it. It only improves the first tick of Renew by 10%. Not really that much of a benefit in the scheme of things.

ToGC 25 (Priest)
After easily clearing ToC 25, we moved onto Heroic. /sigh We couldn't get past the beasts. Definitely an off night for us. I found something interesting -- the incredible healer I mentioned in yesterday's post was not invited to the progression portion of the raid, though I was. I really truly expected them to favor her over me because her numbers are much more impressive. But they didn't. I'm impressed. Perhaps they truly do go by fairness. The Raid Leader did ask me before every encounter if I needed something from the upcoming boss. Whether it was items or emblems, I needed to be there. She agreed and included me. yay!

Onyxia 10 (Priest)
Although it was late, I once again joined my 10-man team right after the guild raids. It's a bad habit I'm getting into, but I don't want to turn down the opportunities.

First stop was Onyxia. There were a few amazing things about the fight. First, we got through Phase 2 without any Breaths. This means that our dps was so high up there that we burned her more quickly than expected through that phase. Then, after coming down for Phase 3, we killed her lickity split and earned More Dots! (10 player). That was without a shaman to give us Heroism. Woo hoo! No drops for me.

VoA 10 (Priest)
We quickly killed the first boss in VoA 10. Nothing to note.

ToC 10 (Priest)
We finished the night by running through ToC 10 real quickly. I won an off-set boot item. It was so late that I can't even remember what boss it was from, so I can't tell you which boot item it was.

I went to bed at 3:16. Ugh...another day of sitting her at work, fighting to keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment