Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1, 2009

Mage Guild
Uh oh. I'm in one of those hiding phases again. Last night I didn't log into any of my known toons. Why? Because I'm avoiding the guild situation on my mage. I've said I'll switch guilds with her so I can be with the players I enjoy. But, for some reason I'm reluctant to /gquit on her with others on. They all know what is going on -- raiding toons are switching to the sister guild, while alts are staying in the main one. But, still, I don't want to have to interact with those people still in the main guild. I don't know how how they feel about the who switching guilds thing. I want to /gquit when no one is around so I don't have to discuss it.

Tonight I'll have an excuse not to deal with it -- raid night on my priest.

I'm such a wimp sometimes.

Alt Leveling
So...last night I hid on my Pally. OMG shoot me now! I know I've said this before, but this time it's really getting to me -- leveling is so mind numbingly maddening. Again with the same quests? Again with the long distances between quest giver and quest objective?

The only change of pace would be to switch to a Horde alt and level on that side. But, when I switch to my Horde server, I stare at my toons and can't decide which to play. They have no money and they have no heirloom items. Leveling over again is frustrating enough...to do so by starting from scratch? Get the f*(k outta here!

I'm considering paying for a faction transfer for my pally. If I go through with it, I'll give her all the heirloom items she needs and a wad of cash. That way she'll be pretty set. I'll be able to experience Horde side leveling without starting from scratch. But...I'll permanently cut her off from my other alts. Do I really want that? Or will she end up becoming one of those toons I never play?

Anyway... I got her to 30 last night. I can't remember if I can get fast mount speed on her at this point. I can barely remember what it was back in BC. Was it mount at 40, fast mount at 60? Then flying at 70? Sheesh! I can't believe I've forgotten. I remember it was such a big broo ha ha when they lowered the requirements. But, for the life of me I can't remember what they used to be and what they are now.

Getting old is a pain.

Note: Right after publishing this I checked out Wowhead. I swear, it's the best WoW db site out there. They have a full explanation of the riding skill levels. I don't get epic mount riding until 40. Ah well, so much for speeding up travel time now that I'm 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment