Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 23, 2009

What A Difference A Day Makes!
I have to say, yesterday will go down as one of the most memorable days/nights I've ever had in WoW. So much has changed in less than 24 hours.

Promotion Time
Before we started raiding, our guild leader announced three promotions. I was grats-ing the people whose names were called. Then suddenly I realized the last one was mine. What??? I was promoted so soon??? Yowzah! Just yesterday I was talking myself into being patient while I waited for the possibility of being promoted in a month or so. I was shocked and excited. Woo hoo!!!!

ToC 25 (Priest)
We started in regular ToC 25. Quick and easy run. We had an applicant along with us who was amazed at our speed and efficiency. It really is true...the guild is great. We got to Anub'arak and I held my breath. Would he drop my coveted Misery's End? No! :( But he did drop Armbands of the Ashen Saint and I got them!

ICC 25 (Priest)
Next stop, ICC 25. I half expected to sit out, but luck was on my side and I got in. While clearing trash, I got the Stiffened Corpse Shoulderpads. Item #2 for the night.

Then Lord Marrowgar dropped the Frozen Bonspike. I stopped breathing as I waited to hear the outcome of the rolls. I won it!!!! Item #3. No more waiting for Misery's End! I won an even better weapon. Yay!

As icing on the cake, I reached Honored with the Ashen Verdict and got the upgrade of my ring: Ashen Band of Greater Wisdom. Item #4.

Ulduar 25 (Priest)
We ended the official raids by going to Ulduar to kill Igniss for the weekly raid quest. I had forgotten that he was the only boss in the starter area that I had never killed. I got 4 achievements upon his death: Shattered (25 player), The Siege of Ulduar (25 player), Stokin' the Furnace (25 player) and Hot Pocket (25 player). I got a lot of friendly ridicule for spamming the guild chat with all those achievements. :)

Next up...10 man team.

ICC 10 (Priest)
With all my new healing gear, ICC 10 went even more smoothly than the week before. I noticed an immediate improvement in my healing throughput. Also, my haste jumped almost 200 points and I could feel the difference in my "rotation". Previously I could count on casting PoM, followed by 3 Flash Heals to proc Serendipity. At that point my PoM would be off cooldown. Last night I did the same rotation and when I clicked PoM the second time, it wasn't yet off cooldown. Woo hoo! Haste has changed things for me. Gotta figure out a new rhythm to get into.

We easily got the achievement Boned (10 player). Not really a hard one to get, if your dps are quick to react.

The final boss, Deathbringer Saurfang, dropped Thaumaturge's Crackling Cowl. Item #5 for me that night.

I can't remember any night when I've gotten so many items. My gearscore went from around 5110 to 5344. A jump of over 200 points. Woo hoo! But, more importantly, my SP went up by around 300 and my Int and Spirit increased too. I can't wait to see how well I do in Heroic ToC 25!

Ulduar 10 (Mage)
The final activity of the night was an alt run to Ulduar 10 to defeat Ignis. I hopped on my mage and we downed him so quickly that we got Stokin' the Furnace (10 player).

Phew! What a night!!!! A promotion, lots of loot and lots of achievements. Fun fun fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this article of yours. Your article is very well written. Thanks for sharing you raid's experience, you've deserve to be promote! Gratz!

    ReplyDelete