Friday, June 12, 2009

The Risk of Exposure

Last night some things were said in guild chat that made it clear to me that a couple (at least) of my guild members have found this blog and have figured out it is me who is writing it. I knew it was a risk, but lately I thought it didn't matter.

Well, apparently it does. At least one of the members is using what I've said in this blog against me.

The thing that I find most interesting is that they actually found this blog! I mean...honestly, I thought the likelihood of anyone finding it very remote. And, if they did find it, I assumed it would be so boring to them that they wouldn't read it closely or thoroughly enough to figure out that it was me.

I knew from the start that the risk was there. So, I'm not saying "woe is me". I'm just surprised it actually happened, considering how boring my "diary" must be to the outside world.

3 comments:

  1. I don't really see the issue. Does your blogging differ from what you say in guild chat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently said something to the effect of not being sure if I was in the right guild or not. It was that statement that they were using against me.

    Yes, I do say things here that I would not say in guild chat. I usually don't express how I'm feeling about a certain situation in guild chat. I don't like to bring drama there, so I prefer to just write it up here in diary format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self evaluation is a admirable trait not something people should comment about. If you're not sure the guild is for you then you are merely saying what a dozen people are thinking but not saying.

    It is not bad to question who/where/when you are. I occassionally wrap my thoughts into a more politically appropriate package in guild chat but I found out a long time ago that it's better to be consistent. Whether this consistency is appreciated or not...

    ReplyDelete