Friday, June 5, 2009

Hit Cap - My New Obsession

Yet another post about +hit -- my new obsession.

I've done a lot of reading today and I've learned quite a bit about the hit cap. Two really important things to note:
  1. A Draenei in my party brings the hit cap down to 263 for me. That's 26 points! I knew Draenei were helpful, but I had no idea they provided that much of a difference.
  2. I don't need to wear any +hit gear when doing heroics. None, zilch, nada. Heroic bosses only require 6%, which I get from my talents.
This further confirms for me the complexity of gearing a dps toon as compared to gearing a healer. I'm now considering keeping three sets of gear:
  • One that has 289 hit.
  • One that has 263 hit (for when there's a Draenei in my party)
  • One that has 0 hit (for when I'm doing heroics)
Of course, I could just lose the obsession, stick with one set of gear that has 289 hit and never worry about it. But, that would be too easy, wouldn't it? :-)

Here's detailed information that I got from the WoW forums today:

Hit Cap (General)

Vs Level 83 target (raid boss):
Base hit needed to cap: 446 HR (17%)

Vs Level 82 target (heroic dungeon boss):
Base hit needed to cap: 158 HR (6%)

Vs Level 81 target (heroic dungeon trash):
Base hit needed to cap: 132 HR (5%)


Hit Cap (Mage with 57/3/11 build)

Raid
Without further aid, she will need 289 hit.
With Heroic Presence, she will need 263 hit.
With Imp FF/Misery, she will need 210 hit.
With both Imp FF/Misery and HP, she will need 184 hit.

Heroics
She needs 0 hit. Only 6% is needed, and that comes from her talents.
There's also a spell hit section on wowwiki.com, but it's more info than I need. The above info is all I need regarding my mage.

Though it is worth noting that if I decide to dual spec my priest as shadow, she'll only need 263 hit, since she's Draenei.

No comments:

Post a Comment