Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25, 2009

Naxxramas (Heroic)
On Tuesday we went to Heroic Naxx. It went well. We cleared Arachnid and got all the way up to Heigan in Plague. We were making very good time until our first attempt at Heigan. So many people died during the first dance that when we got back to the stage, only one person was able to cure the disease. I, along with the majority of the others still standing, died within seconds from the disease. Then we watched...and watched...and watched...as 4 people tried to bring him down. Two healers on the stage, the tank and one tank-turned-dps (druid tank that switched to cat form during the fight). It was going to take forever! After each round, they were only lowering him by 2% and they were at 25%. I read a book while waiting. Then about 20 minutes later when the tank-turned-dps died to the lava waves, I finally suggested they wipe it and let us try with the full group again.

We wiped, went back and downed him in three dances. So much time wasted...

I got the Sash of the Parlor, which I'm not sure is much of a helpful upgrade from the Plush Sash of Gusbah. I've lost a lot of hit by switching it out. I'll see how it works out tonight when we go back to finish Naxx.

Obsidian Sanctum (normal)
After Naxx on Tuesday I went to a quick OS run. The DPS was so good that we decided to try to do it with 1 drake up. We tried three times, but we just weren't getting it. It was fun trying though!

VoA (Heroic)
We went to 25-man VoA last night and killed the first boss with just enough time to distribute loot before we were booted from the instance. We wouldn't have been so close if half of the raid hadn't chosen to go to Ulduar right before going to VoA. It annoyed me because the raid invite that they sent out was so stern about everyone showing up 1/2 hour before starting time, but the organizer and her guild were the ones who went to Ulduar. They didn't get out until about 10 minutes after the time we were supposed to start -- so they were technically 40 minutes late!

Warlock Leveling
After the VoA run I logged and watched So You Think You Can Dance. When I returned it was fairly late so I was only going to do a few things on my lock. I ended up playing him until 2:00 a.m. Yikes! I joined a Ramps group which went well. My dps was at the bottom...even below the tank's! But it was all good because we flew through the instance. No drops...but a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment