Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 10, 2009

Nothing much worth noting happened this past weekend or the last two days. I got a little annoyed when my Naxx spot was given to someone else because the invite for the return to Naxx hadn't been sent out until after I went to bed.

Naxxramas (Heroic)
I sulked a little then found a 25-man Naxx that needed heals. We sailed through Arachnid but failed miserably on Patch. The tank I was healing was killed with one hit -- three times in a row. I was seriously thinking it was my lack of healing skill. Honestly, though, how many times have I healed Patchwerk? Come on...I know what I'm doing. After the third attempt, the party started breaking up with lots of people accusing the tanks of "not doing their job". People were saying, "you didn't stack!".

Honestly, I don't understand what they were saying. But, I'm relieved to know is was the tanks at fault, not me.

So...another wasted Naxx 25 raid id.

Naxxramas (normal)
I healed a Naxx 10 group for Guild #2. We did a full clear. Easy as pie. Of course, my priest didn't need any of the drops, so it was all in the name of fun and helping friends. Meanwhile, the group who gave my mage's spot to someone else also cleared all of Naxx. So...definitely no opportunity for her to get anything until this week.

Naxxramas (heroic) -- new week
Last night was our first organized Naxx 25 run. It took until about 45 minutes after the scheduled time for us to gather all the players. It included two of my guildies who just last night returned from sabbatical. (More about them below.)

This run was almost exactly like the one I did over the weekend. Arachnid went down easily. (Though one funny thing was that I was master looter but didn't know it. So, after the first boss kill we were all waiting for the master looter to do her job. I was about to say something when someone asked me when I was going to start. Oops! lol) Then we moved on to Construct and failed on Patchwerk -- in exactly the same way as the previous group. The tanks went down more quickly than any heals could have saved them. Once again, "stacking" was identified as the key reason. I'll have to read up on that.

So, we skipped Patch and went to Plague. Noth went down easily. It was there that we stopped for the night.

Drops? None. Though I'm beginning to wonder if that's my fault. There were several items that I could have rolled on but they had Spirit on them. Figuring spirit equipment is usually for Priests, I didn't roll. But, I noticed afterward that other mages rolled on those items. Maybe I need to stop waiting for the +hit equipment and just roll if something is an upgrade.

Guild
As I mentioned above, two of my guild members are back from sabbatical. Although I'm really happy to see them, I was reminded during our Naxx run how not-so-nice they can be.

The husband complains constantly about not getting any loot. He's completely intolerant of others, so if anyone suggests something that he doesn't agree with he starts writing bad things about them in Guild chat. He also threatens constantly to leave raids because of anything that is making him unhappy -- no loot, stupid raiders, too slow, boring, etc.

The wife is much nicer, but she has her moments. Last night she got tired of waiting for the group to be ready for the boss fight, so she jumped up and pulled. Instant wipe. What was the point of that? All it did was make us wait even longer since everyone had to get a res or return and rebuff.

I don't know. Once again I ask myself, "am I in the right guild"?

Loot
None at all. None on my priest. None on my mage. None on my warlock, even though he gained 5 levels over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment