Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 27, 2009

Last night was an out of the ordinary night for me. I didn't level my warlock at all. Instead, I was bound and determined to actively seek 25-man opportunities on my priest. So...

VoA (heroic)
I put myself into LFG for Heroic OS and Heroic VoA. I had just started my dailies when I got the first invite -- VoA. They summoned me there and I saw that it was pretty much a PuG. They were standing in front of the "new" boss. I took a deep breath and called to mind the video I had watched earlier in the day. It looked so easy in the video...

We stepped forward and it was total chaos. I just couldn't figure out where to stand. Everyone kept saying, "you're a NOOB if you can't avoid the Lightning Wave." Where the heck does one stand to avoid it? Grrr... Wipe #1.

We regrouped and after huge criticisms regarding healing, they gave assignments. I was on the MT. Easy enough...I was the 2nd most geared. I could handle it. We walked in and I lost track of the MT. I assumed he was going to be on the boss. How the heck did I know he was going to be on the minions? Wipe #2.

After replacing the several people who left in a fit, we attempted it again. This time I was on the OT who was taking the minions. (Funny how they slipped in the change of strategy.) I healed beautifully...top of the charts. OT and I were the last two to die. Wipe #3.

We once again replaced several people and made one final attempt. We step in, DPS draws aggro immediately. OT and I are once again the final two to die. Wipe #4.

End of run.

I wonder, is the encounter that hard? Or are people still confused about the mechanics?

UK (heroic) and VH (heroic)
I was about to resume my dailies when I saw leader of guild #2 ask for a healer in Heroic VH. Having a soft spot for my friends, I offered to heal. We switched to UK at the last minute, since it was the daily. We cleared UK then headed to VH and cleared that too.

It had been a while since the last time I had healed a 5-man. It was fun helping friends out. I'm no closer to my goal of having more 25-man equipment or Emblems of Valor. But, at least I had a good time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment