Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21, 2009

What's been going on lately? A whole lot and nothing at all. I'm in one of those out-of-synch phases. With the dissolution of my previous guild, the atmosphere in the game has changed for me. On the one hand, it's my own fault. I've chosen not to be aggressive about getting into raid groups. I've chosen not to log in with my known toons and interact with my friends. On the other hand, one of my current guild mates has such poor people skills that he's single-handedly ruining our guild's relationship with other guilds -- making me not want to log in and deal with the fall out.

What have I done instead? I've dusted off my bank toon and have begun leveling him. Well, "begun" is probably not the right word, since I've been at it for almost two weeks now. In this short period of time I've taken him from lvl 8 to lvl 41 (remember, I work all day). The xp and the levels come quickly with the heirloom shoulders and trinket. Plus, leveling as an Affliction Warlock is the epitome of efficiency. I rarely have to stop to drink or eat.

I'm thoroughly enjoying playing him. I can't believe I gave up on my previous warlock. But, then again, when I was trying to level her I didn't really understand the game mechanics like I do now. I'm doing my best to experience areas of the world that I haven't gone to previous. For example, I'm currently questing in Desolace. I've been there on other toons, but I've never done all the quests there. I'm trying to stay away from the quests/areas that I've done time and time again on my other toons.

There are two drawbacks to leveling him:
  1. There's an incredible lack of people leveling low level toons. So, finding a group for an instance is near impossible. I remember the days when you could quickly find a group for most any instance. Now I wait for hours sometimes before finding others to join up with.
  2. Warlocks are just not as popular to group with as my priest was. This makes me wonder if I'll ever see the inside of a raid with him.
All that to say, I'm having a lot of fun playing a warlock. Though it's a very different experience from the one I had leveling my other toons. Times have changed quite a bit.

Goals
So, given the new atmosphere of the game -- at least for me -- I'm beginning to seriously wonder how much longer I will be playing. I thought it would be fun to write down some goals I have so I can look back in a few months to see which of them I achieved

Warlock

Level him to 80.
Get into at least one raid.
Get him to max Tailoring
Make a carpet mount.

Druid
Level her to 80.
Get into at least one raid.
Dual spec her boomkin/resto.

Priest
Get a little further in Ulduar than I have so far (which is only past the first boss).
Get turtle mount.
Get Giant Sewer Rat pet.

Hunter

Max out Engineering.

Paladin
Level her to ??. (not sure how high I feel like leveling her).

Warrior
I had wanted to get her to exalted with Ironforge for the novelty of getting a ram mount. But now that I created the dwarf pally, there might be no incentive. I didn't really enjoy playing her that much.

Mage
Hmmm...no goals, I suppose. Just continue getting better gear. Her current Imba score is: 393.41.

Shaman
If I level her at all, go resto at 80.

Death Knight
No real goal. Fun to play, but no real motivation to get to 80.

Rogue
No goals. I don't like playing him. I would say "get him to max leatherworking", but that would require me to level him.

So...some are pretty vague, those are my goals. I wonder which ones I'll achieve before I call it quits?

No comments:

Post a Comment