Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26, 2009

Naxxramas (Heroic)
Over the holiday weekend I played a bit. I finally got a new piece of gear on my priest -- Cowl of Vanity , which was a much needed replacement for the blue headpiece I was wearing. It was a spur of the moment run with a guild I had never gone with, though I know a few members from when they were in another guild. It was a quick and efficient run. I was afraid I might perform badly on the Instructor fight, but fortunately for me, the raid ended on Thaddius. Some people just couldn't get the fight down. I'm so glad it wasn't my fault!

Naxxramas (normal)
On Saturday I was unable to make the beginning of the Naxx run, but when I logged in later they had a spot for me. I joined them right before Heigan, on which we failed. I died right away, which is annoying since I know I can dance well. We gave up then went to Construct quarter. My added DPS was what they needed, so we got him down. /bow We did Grobbulus then got to Gluth. The kiters in the back could not keep the zombies under control, so we wiped twice. At that point they called it a night. Ugh...I got a couple emblems of heroism, which are pointless for me now. So, other than the raiding fun, it was a waste of time.

Then, last night they went back but didn't invite me to join. They say they didn't invite me because they saw that I was in an 5-man heroic. So they replaced me with another DPS. I can't tell you how annoyed I was. First, they didn't say they were going back. Second, when they decided to do so, they could have at least sent me a whisper asking how long it would take me to finish the instance I was in.

All was not lost -- I got two drops for my mage. Still blue items, but upgrades from what I had before.

Obsidian Sanctum
I did a 10-man Obsidian Sanctum on Friday night. I can't believe how poorly we did. Of course, it was mostly a PuG with people who had never done it before. But, honestly, it was bad. We wiped on trash! Ugh. Anyway...after getting all the drakes down, we knew we weren't going to get down Sarth. We tried twice then called it quits.

Ulduar
After OS, we headed to Ulduar, dropping most of the bad pug people. We tried the first boss like 5 or 6 times before giving up. Some of the people in the raid were just undergeared. Luckily for me, I'm still the one in the group with the most lvl 213 items, so I just have to sit on top of the vehicle and shoot. And now I have another 213 item, bringing me up to a total of 9. Woo hoo!

Obsidian Sanctum (Heroic)
Last night I went on a last minute PuG run of OS. The main tank was the same main tank / healer from my Naxx 25 runs. So, I knew it was going to go well. It did, for the most part. Even though most of us were dead at the end. :-) I got no drops.

Miscellaneous
While brooding over not getting a Naxx invite, I decided to go to the training dummies to try out my new equipment on my mage. I had never used those dummies before. It was an interesting experience. My new gear increased my SP and my crit chance but it drastically lowered my haste. In the end, I saw no difference between the DPS I was doing with either set of equipment.

I leveled my warlock a little over the weekend. I did a ZF run in a group with a lvl 80 huntard (and you know me, I love playing my hunter, so when I say "huntard" you know the guy was an idiot). I loved seeing the Recount at the end showing that my DPS on bosses was the highest of everyone (except the lvl 80 hunter, of course).

Personal
We spent Sunday up at the in-laws. The new baby is adorable. His older brother is insanely jealous of the attention his new brother is getting. We had a great time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment