Monday, April 6, 2009

April 6, 2009

This weekend was fun, interesting and not without its drama.

Naxxramas (Heroic)
On Friday I returned with guild #4 to Naxx 25. Man! The speed of the run took a little getting used to. I mean, the main tank just moved forward and quickly. Barely any time was ever given to mana users to drink up. Then, after we downed a boss, while the master looter was dealing with loot, the main tank was running forward, clearing trash. There was even a time when we made it to the next boss before the master looter was done assigning loot from the previous one. We had to lock summon her!

I got a couple new shineys: Digested Silken Robes and Matriarch's Spawn. They definitely increased my overall stats. But, my mana regen was lowered by a bit. I'm gonna have to watch closely to see if my increased over all heals make up for the lower regen. The robes are very sexy and the spawn...that looks way cool!

I was successful at the Instructor Razuvious fight for the first time. I really don't like the pressure that priests are under for that fight. I chose the Priest class because I don't like tanking. I don't like that I'm forced to use tanking techniques -- though, admittedly, only a couple of them -- to do this fight. And if I fail, it's a wipe. We wiped 2 or 3 times before we got him down. But the last time was very close. Most of the raid was dead when all was said and done. One thing that was especially difficult for me was knowing when the other priest had actually taunted him off me. I couldn't see anything other than the million spells flashing before me. I wonder if I need to turn down my spell effects for that fight.

**I just read the strategy info on wowwiki.com. It seems one reason we did so poorly was that we didn't switch quickly enough. Even though Bone Shield has a 30 second cooldown, it only actually lasts about 10 seconds. So, we should have been switching every 10 seconds, not every 30, like we had been. I'll suggest that next week.

We stopped at the four horsemen. We tried a couple times but wiped both. I have to admit, even though I had done it once before, I really didn't know what was going on. I died both times to massive damage coming from nowhere.

**I read the straegy info on wowwiki.com for this one too. Now I have a much better idea what goes on in the fight and what contributed to my death. Though, I'm still unclear about what I'm supposed to be doing at what time.

Guild Drama
Oy vey! Was there guild drama or what? An influx of new members took place over the weekend. Most of them appear to be young kids. Definitely not our guild's style. Also, one of our healers left in a hissy fit. Confusion about a Naxx invite for another guild's run caused a bit of an uproar.

Ugh...it never ends.

Alts
I'm leveling my moonkin -- she's finally a moonkin! Having fun with that.

My mage got some good gear upgrades over the weekend. Her dps is now up to about 1900, even hitting 2000 occasionally. Not bad, not bad at all.

1 comment:

  1. If boneshield lasted 30seconds, you could solo tank razuvious with one add... Glad you figured it out though.

    ReplyDelete