Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13, 2009


What a weekend!

Naxxramas (Heroic)
This is a little out of order, but I think it's the most positive thing that happened. On Saturday night, I joined guild #4 after my own guild raid runs were over. They were up to 4-horsemen. Well, I finally understand the mechanics of the fight and how to watch for the marks and deal with them.

We then did Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad. Yippee! I finally finished Naxx. The priest T7 head piece token dropped, but I lost it to that darned Baby Spice throwing warlock I'm so fond of! hehee I did get some new robes, so I'm happy. =) And I got achievements too for the last two bosses and finishing Naxx. Woo hoo!

And...to top it off, I got just the right amount of emblems to buy myself some shiny new boots. I'm styling now!

Guild Raids
Saturday afternoon my guild did our raid runs. OS and VoA...no problems. Then we went to Naxx and did much much better than the first time. Our living-in-the-past druid healer actually joined us and she did well. We finished the Arachnid quarter then moved on to the Construct quarter. We got Patchwerk down by the skin of our teeth...we defeated him at the last possible second. Then we moved on to Grobbulus. As expected, we were unable to take him down. It's all good, though. He's a tough boss until you get the strategy down.

All in all...very succesful runs.

Guild Drama
Of course, this weekend was not without its drama!

After our guild raids on Saturday afternoon, I was taking a much needed break while waiting for guild #4 to have an open spot for me. After waiting a long time, I got an invite from my guild leader to run a heroic. I should never have accepted that invitation. Because, we all know how Murphy's Law works. As soon as I entered the heroic instance, guild #4 whispered me that the spot was open. They were willing to wait for me to finish the heroic.

It was all down hill from there. The run was a disaster. We wiped 2 or 3 times. The MT was using his dps druid with his "tank set". But he couldn't hold aggro at all. My heals kept drawing aggro and I was getting slaughtered. He meant well, bless his heart. but, I think this was a lesson learned -- don't try to fill a role for which you are not optimized in a heroic instance! It's going to lead to failure. Long story short, when I said we needed to hurry because I had a Naxx invite, he simply said "Bye", hearthed and logged. We were all stunned.

We disbanded. I went to Naxx and had a good time, even though there were only 3 bosses left.

So... yesterday was Easter. After visiting the in-laws, I got home and logged in. Guild master wasn't on, but a few others were. One of which pointed out to me that our Guild Message of the Day had been changed to a statement that the GM was stepping down and we'd be voting on a new one. At first I thought he was being over dramatic in his reaction to our failed heroic run of the night before. But, someone pointed out that the message had been there since Friday, well before this weekend's drama. Regardless, I have no clue why he's stepping down.

GM finally logged on later on in the night and didn't acknowledge/apologize for his actions of the night before. He acted like nothing out of the ordinary had happened. I was so annoyed by it all. We have a "meeting" this week to discuss the election of a new GM. I predict this is the end of the guild.

Obsidian Sanctum (Heroic) and Vault of Archavon (Heroic)
Last night I joined an OS-25 run. No drops for me, just emblems of valor. Then we went to VoA. It took so long to organize the run that we were ported out during the boss fight. Ah well, it was fun trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment