Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 5, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust
/sigh
I logged in this morning to find a message from my priest's gm saying that the guild was no more. The events of the past week have built up to this, unfortunately. The most poignant are:
  • Friday night: Raid leader gets totally disgusted when we are short 5 people for our 25-man. (27 had signed up). He cancels the raid. This infuriates a number of people...they feel he's punishing the people who showed up, not those who neglected to show. Several people left the guild as a result.
  • Saturday night: The guild master lead a ToC 10-man. He was completely drunk out of his mind, barely able to speak coherently. The group couldn't get past the first set of encounters. Several more people left as a result.
  • Sunday night: The raid leader left the guild "to join one with a raiding schedule that worked better for him". Several more people left as a result.
I wasn't on for the early part of this week, so I have no idea if anything else significant happened Monday through Wednesday. But, when I logged in this morning I saw that only 20 members were left in what was previously a 120+ member guild.

It was fun while it lasted. The golden days for me were back in August when I first joined. The guild was active and the core team really clicked. We got all the way to the last boss in Ulduar. And then in September we got ToC 10 on farm. My honest assessment as to what happened: the raid leader ruined the guild. His caustic attitude turned off the original core members. He did attract many recruits but they didn't click with the core group. Most of the core group left because they couldn't tolerate the raid leader. Then we were left with a group that lacked cohesion.

Oh well. The game is fluid. On to the next chapter.

What to do? What to do?

I really do love the people in my mage guild. But, I don't want to put my priest into it. She's my main raiding toon. I want her to be in a bigger guild with the possibility of seeing content. My mage's guild is smaller and will progress in time. I'm glad to continue to run with them on her.

With that said, where do I go? What guild do I apply to? Decisions decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment