Monday, November 23, 2009

November 23, 2009

Gobble Gobble!
Turkeys everywhere? It must be Pilgrim's Bounty!

So...after getting the Hallowed title, I've now got the achievement/title bug. I happily started doing the quests for Pilgrim's Bounty. After getting most of them done, I hit a wall on two of the achievements:

Turkey Lurkey -- I have a major bone to pick with Blizzard. The Turkey Shooter. Why do they not note in an item's description that it is "one time use only". On top of that, why does the item say it has a 1 second cooldown? If it's one time use only, what's the point of a cooldown? Yes, I understand that, if you have multiple turkey shooters, it's good to know that you must wait 1 second between using them. But, still, isn't that intentionally confusing? Also, why doesn't it say anything about not working on a rogue that has already been turned into a turkey?

Needless to say, I wasted my one shot on a rogue that was already a turkey. Now I have to wait until I can do the dailies again. What's the likelihood of me actually finding the rogues in time for the achievement?

The Turkinator -- This one's even worse. It took me forever to get even 8 charges up. I can't imagine being able to get 40! I'm sure there are some young folks who are really good at it. But, I am too slow. And there's so much competition around. Yes, doing it early in the morning is more advisable, but even then there's going to be competition. Especially since turkey meat is needed for the dailies. So, it's guaranteed that people will be shooting turkeys every day of this event.

Bitter much? Yes!

Trial of the Grand Crusader 25 (Priest)
More bad news. We used up all of our attempts in ToGC 25 last night. That darned Faction Champs encounter is just insane. I know that other guilds have gotten past them, so it's not impossible. But, seriously, they can kill us in two hits. But we have to dps them like mad to even make a dent in them? Something's wrong there.

Lots of practice did pay off, though. I have macros for targetting, dispelling, targeting the target of, etc. each of the champs. That helped a lot towards the end. I had a sense of pride and accomplishment when I heard the Raid Leader call out that the main target was finally going down and I knew that was because I dispelled him at the right time.

But, I was still amazed at how quickly people went down. I can't count how many times I went to heal someone and they were dead before my spell got off. Even instants!!

Are we still undergeared? Are my heals not up to par (though I know we were failing during the week when I wasn't in the group)? Did we just get a bad combo of champs?

We'll go back again this week, if enough people are online. Maybe the next set of champions will be more beatable.

Trial of the Crusader 10 (Priest)
After the official raid last night, my 10-man group reconvened to try to get the Faction Champs down in ToC 10. Aren't we gluttons for punishment? In my last post, I reported that we couldn't get them down during the week. Well, we one-shotted them this time. I think the party makeup was exactly the same. So, I think there were two factors that helped. (1) We had so much practice on the ToGC 25 Faction Champs, (2) I dispelled less. I learned while doing the ToGC 25 FCs that the person who dispels draws tons of aggro. This time around I never got silenced nor did the warlock pet attack me. I think it was directly related to the number of dispel I did not throw out compared to during the week.

We cleared the instance. No drops for me. :-(

Ulduar 25 (Mage)
So frustrating. So very frustrating. Time to go back to 10-mans.

ToC 5 (Heroic) (Druid)
I got an upgrade for my druid the other day: Boots of the Crackling Flame.

I think that's pretty much it for what happened this weekend. Although there was a large amount of frustration, I had lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment