Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18, 2009

ToC Burnout
No, I'm not going to say I'm getting ToC burnout, but I suspect the time will come. Currently there are 4 flavors of the same thing. ToC 10 Regular & Heroic, ToC 25 Regular & Heroic. I can't even keep track any more of which ones I have run in a given week. It's all a blur because they're all the same friggin thing!

And the gear? Talk about lazy. All the designers did was make the exact same gear -- name and design -- with slightly increased stats. Where's the creativity and variety in that? Hmmm...wait a second. Maybe I'm getting annoyed by something that isn't new. Come to think of it, when Naxx was the only raid, we had Heroic and Valorous equipment. Basically the same stuff with set bonues. So the only difference now is maybe that this time they didn't go through the trouble of naming the higher versions differently. So that just makes it more obvious...hmmm...

Anyway...onto what I've been doing lately:

ToC 10 Heroic (Priest)
Thank goodness for Achievement tracking, otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell you what I ran on Monday night. As mentioned above, all the different ToCs are a blur to me.

With that said, I did ToC 10 heroic with another guild (current rank 21, not that that matters lol) on Monday night. I had been planning to make it an early night but I got tempted by emblems and loot. :-) We did fairly well and I picked up the Three Sixty Pain Spike (10 player) achievement. We got all the way to the twins then had to call it a night. I didn't get any loot :-( but I got more emblems, which I sorely need.

There was one annoying player in the group. He was probably in his teens and he played a warlock. Every single time Incinerate Flesh was on him, he cried out in panic. I got so tired of it and finally told him, "We healers see it, no need to yell it out." Then the raid leader said, "Yes, {warlock}, we don't bring blind healers to our raids." That made me chuckle.

Onyxia 25 (Priest)
Last night was the beginning of our raiding week. We started with a quick Onyxia run. I got the head, which I traded for the Polished Dragonslayer's Signet. It was only a marginal upgrade, but it's still cool to have it. I also got the More Dots! (25 player) achievement. Such a change from the Onyxia runs from the weekend.

ToC 25 Heroic (Priest)
Next, we went to ToC 25 Heroic and had a blast! Last week I only listened in on Vent while they were attempting it. They kept failing on Icehowl. This week I was right there with them, and I'm proud to say we got down the Northrend Beasts! Yay! I was there to experience the guild's progression!

Then, the icing on the cake was getting down Lord Jaraxxus after 8 attempts. Woo hoo! More progression! I tell ya, Incinerate Flesh is so much more deadly in heroic. Yikes! It was the cause of a few of the wipes, despite us healers going wild on the healing.

Motivation point: I need more haste!!! Had I been able to heal faster, I would have been able to heal more of the Incinerate Flesh and possibly avoid a wipe or two.

We gave a couple attempts on Faction Champions, but couldn't get them. We'll try again on Thursday night. I suspect it will take a while for us to get past them. Something encouraging to note: The raid leader from my old guild is constantly whispering me to brag about his new loot. We're now in a healthy competition to see whose guild can progress faster. It's encouraging to know that they're as far as we are in ToC 25 Heroic. They're stuck on Champions. I hope we get them down first!!!

Onyxia 10 (Priest)
After the raid, my 10-man group gathered to do a quick Onyxia run. No loot, but I did emblems, so it was well worth it!

Equipment
It seemed that my chances of getting a Trophy of the Crusade were pretty high, since none of the senior members of the guild need them anymore. So, I held off buying a tier item with my accumulated emblems in hopes of grabbing one last night. But, luck was not on my side. So, after the raid, I splurged and bought Velen's Gloves of Conquest. They raised my haste and my spellpower up, which is good. I took a slight hit to mana regen, but I think I can handle it.

Upcoming Stuff
Tonight my priest's 10-man team is doing our weekly stuff. Since we did Ony last night, we'll likely do VoA and ToC tonight. Maybe we'll even try ToC heroic? I want badges badges badges! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment