Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4, 2009

Last night held a surprising turn for me. I logged into my mage to see if anything was going on in the guild. It was fairly quiet and there were no events on the calendar. I asked if anyone wanted to run a heroic, but no one was interested.

So, I switched to my priest to do her fishing and cooking dailies. I hadn't even finished the mushroom gathering in town before I received a random whisper asking if I wanted to heal 25-man Naxx. I hadn't intended to spend much time playing last night, but it was the first invite I had received in a while. So, I accepted.

Over an hour later (ugh!), they filled the raid and we were off! They had already cleared Arachnid and Construct up to Gluth. We ran through the pipe, dropped down and went after that big dog. Wipe#1 - No one had been assigned to take care of the zombies.

The rest of the run was like that. Wipe after wipe -- often on trash. The people in the guild were loud, obnoxius, silly and unfocused. It was enough to drive one crazy! But, the biggest surprise....we finished it. We wiped first on KT only because someone aggroed the entire room. On the second try we got him down, no sweat. Fun fun! So...I guess despite their lack of focus (some were clearly smoking pot and drinking), they knew their stuff. Of course, many were geared in Ulduar gear, so they out-geared the instance.

Which brings me to the point about this being an interesting turn. A few people noticed I was guildless last night. Two outright invited me to their guilds. The third suggested I apply to theirs because, "You're really good." Of course, the one I'm interested in the most is that last one. Human nature, I suppose. We don't want what's easy to get. We're intrigued by those things we have to work for. Go to a bar and get surrounded by men? Feh! Get away! See the man across the room that doesn't do more than glance at you? Dream about him for nights to come.

Decision making time. Do I accept a guild invite with people I know but might not be clearing content? Or do I apply to a more serious guild and play that whole game?

Stay tuned.

Oh...I got a few drops. One was an amulet, but it is not showing up on the armory. I think it was this.

The second was a staff called Damnation. According to WoWhead, it's the best staff for holy priests. It might be a good staff, but it lowers my SP and Spirit. Maybe after I enchant it, I'll like it better. I sure do like the way it looks. :) I wore it for a few fights last night just because of the way it looks, despite lowering my key stats a little.

The third piece was the Touch of Horror, a wand that was definitely an upgrade.

Good night, though it went very late. The people were annoying me so much that I was tempted a few times to call it quits. But, I'm glad I stuck it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment