Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 11, 2009

Ulduar
I went to 10-man Ulduar last night with my new guild. We two-person healed it, which was an interesting challenge, considering I don't have Ulduar gear yet. Having done Flame Leviathan several times, and hating gimmicky fights in which you drive vehicles or use special mounts, I was happy to see that they had already beaten a few bosses on a previous trip in. We started at the Shattered Walkway and did three encounters:

Iron Council
Thorim
Hodir

I had a ton of fun. Originally I had planned on only playing for a couple hours. I ended up playing for four hours, going to bed at 2:00 a.m. I have no complaints. It was the most fun I've had in a while. I love learning new fights. I didn't get any drops -- come to think of it, I've never gotten a drop in Ulduar -- but that's no problem. It was fun! And drops will come in time.

I especially enjoyed the Hodir fight. It was quite a challenge as a healer to watch the tank's health, to watch for runes for falling snow and to stand near a fire. Situational awareness at its finest.

This new raid lockout extension option that came with 3.2 is interesting. We didn't finish the whole instance, so tonight we can choose either to let the raid ID reset or to extend it and continue to work our way through. It's a nice option. Not sure which one they'll decide to do. But it will be fun, regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment