Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14, 2009

Ulduar
Let me start off by saying, I am so happy that I put my priest into this new guild. I've enjoyed raiding with them a lot so far.

Last night we returned to Ulduar. We got down
  • Flame Leviathan
  • Razorscale
  • Ignis the Furnace Master
  • XT-002 Deconstructor
  • The Assembly of Iron
  • Kologarn
  • Hodir
  • Thorim
We attempted Freya, but wiped the first time (as expected). After that wipe, we lost of one of our DPS so we decided to go back another time. I had tried Razorscale with other groups in the past, with no success. It was amazing how smooth and easy it was with this group. Either it's because they're better geared, or it's because they understand the exact strategy. In any event, it was fun to actually get that dragon down!

I got three drops too! Combustion Bracers -- although they have +hit on them, they were still an all around upgrade for me. Cloak of the Dormant Blaze and the tier legs. My stats in general have gone up, though my overall mana regen has lowered slightly.

A few weeks ago I was in a group with a priest from one of the top guilds on the server. He pointed out that my build, though good, was mana intensive. He suggested I check out his if I was having mana problems. I've done so and might change mine tonight to see if it makes a difference. His is here. I can see very quickly how it will improve things for me. I use instant spells quite a bit of the time (Renew, Prayer of Mending and Circle of Healing). Mental Agility should really help out. Also, a few of the talents in my build are not really doing me any good, considering how rarely I cast the spells they benefit. I'm excited about seeing how it goes.

Warlock
Not much to say about my warlock. I did dailies and a ToC with him.

Paladin
I was out ill yesterday so I spent some time during the day leveling my Paladin. I was initially only going to use up her rest XP then log out, but I got hooked. I ended up raising her 5 levels. It seems that as much as I think I'm not going to enjoy the leveling process, I end up getting sucked into it. :-) She's wearing the cloth heirloom shoulders. They're not really itemized to help her out, but at least they give her the 10% increase in XP.

She might be the next one I level to 80. But then again, my Shaman and my Druid are looking interesting to me too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment