Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 4th, 2009

Lots of Stuff to Catch Up On
I haven't been blogging for a few weeks because of several factors. Oakland, work, etc. Lots has happened.

I've gone to Naxx and Obsidian Sanctum a few times recently.

Heigan
I can't for the life of me get the Safety Dance in Heigan down. I read somewhere that you should not try to follow anyone else because of lag and reaction time. If you're waiting to follow someone, you're likely to be too late. So, just memorize the pattern and move. Oh...and also, as a healer, I need to be less concerned with keeping people healed than with moving during the dance. I'll try that.

Grobbulus
I went back to Grobbulus for the 2nd time with guild #2. The group had already completed him the previous week, so they had a strategy that worked...which was to move him far enough to create gaps big enough for people go to into and blow up. I remembered not to dispel, prematurely blowing people up. But, we still didn't succeed. I suspect I wasn't at fault. There is one member of their guild that is just really bad at raid tactics. I think he carried much of the blame.

Thaddius
Oh my! Tons of fun! First time through I thought your polarity shifted every single time. So, I contributed to a wipe. Then I realized it was random. I paid attention to what Deadly Boss Mods was telling me and executed it flawlessly.

Obsidian Sanctum
We did both a 10 and a 25 man OS. I've got that one down to a science.

Conclusion?
So, the conclusion is I'm not a complete idiot. I can actually get raid strategies down. So maybe I am a decent raider after all. I'll call myself a "good" raider as soon as I can get that darned Safety Dance down! :)

Gear Improvements
I've had a couple gear improvements since I last posted, most notably the Tier 7 chest piece. My stats have improved tremendously. Woo hoo!

Should I Feel Good or Guilty?
On Tuesday evening I logged in later than usual so I missed the start of guild #2's Naxx run. Soon after I arrived I heard they had been looking for me, so I sent a whisper to the raid leader letting him know I was available if they ended up needing me. His response was that the healer they were using in my place was not cutting it and that they'd swap him out for me after they finished with the boss they were about to start.

That made me feel good and guilty at the same time.

Good, because they consider me a very good healer and a default part of their group. (Yes, until a priest in their guild reaches 80, I know.). That was an ego boost.

Guilty, because the priest they dropped lost out on the chance to finish Naxx and he/she is saved to that ID for the rest of the week. Unless he steals the Raid ID, he's not able to go to Naxx again until next week. Poor guy. :( Yes it's only a game, but I know how I would feel if that happened to me.

Guild Stuff
Not much to say about my guild. If I say anything specific, my guildies will know this is me. Suffice it to say, there's an odd tension in the air. It boils down to us having a few passive aggressive people.

No comments:

Post a Comment