Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 18, 2009

Hmmmm...I can't believe I haven't posted for over a week. Been very busy at work, preparing for the big changes next week. Also, WoW has been a roller coaster ride.

Guild Stuff

This week my guild has seen highs and lows. We came dangerously close to disbanding. The guild leader's passive aggressive move that I mentioned last week did have an effect. It got people talking...some angry, others just concerned. Without going into the nitty gritty details, suffice it to say that all ended well. In summary, we:
  • Chose not to merge with a raiding guild that none of us were familiar with.
  • Merged with a small casual raiding guild with which we have a long standing relationship. (My previous main was in their guild, so the relationship was strong.)
  • Lost a delusional member who thought he was the savior of our guild. Good riddance.
I think things are in a much better place now. I'm not sure that everyone is 100% happy yet. But, things will smooth out in time. And I personally love those who merged in. So, I'm definitely enjoying it a little more.

Guild #2

Meanwhile, Guild #2 has not faired so well. They did merge a couple weeks ago. And that merger was a flop. First, some of its original members jumped ship due to personality issues with the new members. Then the new members did not like how infrequently the guild raided. For example, this past Monday was a holiday and they were pissed that the day wasn't devoted to raiding. So, almost everyone that had merged in chose to leave to join...

wait for it...

....guild #3.

Yep, it's a small incestuous world. Although thousands of people surely play on my server, this makes me wonder if guild #3 is the only guild that regularly PuGs 25-mans. It can't be just a coincidence that the two guilds with whom I've formed a regular and semi-regular relationship are competing for members. I don't know of any other guilds that run 25-man PuGs. Is the raiding community really that small on my server? Of course, I realize there are several established and progressed raiding guilds that don't run PuGs, but I'm only referring to those that do. Is the community really that small?

Call me a pessimist, but I'm predicting that within a month I'll see a sharp decline in my ability to find PuGs for raids. I was banking on guild #2's ability to continue to raid regularly. I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that they'll be able to revive themselves.

Microphone Fixed

So I fixed my problem with my microphone. It ends up that the reason it wasn't working was that my husband had put a microphone into the actual mic jack behind the computer. So the one on my headset was not being recognized. Once I removed his mic, it all worked well.

Last night I spoke for the first time with guild #2. I'll bet they were really surprised to hear a female voice. I think they doubted that I was really a female, as we know many of the female toons are played by men.

Other

No new equipment since my raiding has been limited this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment