Friday, February 13, 2009

February 10th, 2009

Another Day Another Drama


Yesterday I wrote about the impending demise of my guild. It appears now that the demise my be delayed a little bit.

When I logged in last night everyone was discussing the disappearing act of our guild leader. The general tone: annoyance and suspicion. Annoyance that he was being passive aggressive and not talking to us. Suspicion that he might disband the guild and take all the contents of the GB. Of course the latter was not really that important in the scheme of things. It would have been a selfish move, but we would have gotten over it. The former, though, was the big thing. What was he up to? Why was he not giving us the courtesy of an explanation?

After an hour or two of whispers speculating on the state of affairs, the GL logged in. Greetings were sent out and returned. Then utter silence for what seemed like an eternity. Thank goodness I was in Naxx at the time with guild #2, so I was distracted. For the others, however, the silence must have been excruciating. I found out later that it wasn't actually complete silence. The GL was getting a private earful from one of the members.

Then suddenly, out of the blue, the GL started performing member management. Promoting some people, kicking some who haven't logged on in a long time, etc. Had there been no promotions, the kicking would have been disconcerting. I took that as a sign that he was intent on getting the guild back in shape. Then invitations to "events" started appearing on my calendar. Then the kicker -- he started chatting in guild chat, joking and reminiscing about the early days of the guild.

OK, I'm game. Let's give this one more try. Stay tuned. I'm sure this is not over. Issues do not get solved so quickly.

Naxxraums
Meanwhile, Naxx last night was much better than Tuesday. Apparently, most of the people in guild #2 had worked out their differences. The main tank was not there, and there was a side comment about him that I didn't fully understand, but I assumed it meant he was still holding resentment against one of the new guild members. No worries, the core group was there and we did fairly well. We cleared all the way to Thaddius. We wiped on him a few times before calling it a night. It was late and people were tired, so they were missing their polarity changes, or forgetting which side was for which polarity.

Because no one else wanted it, I got a tier drop, which I traded in for a dps chest piece. Luckily, it doesn't count against my weekly main spec piece.

This is yet again another positive point about guild #2. They're really generous and fair. They let me take the tier piece because dual specs are coming soon, so I'll need it when I switch back and forth between holy and shadow. The more I think about it, the more I realize I will move to guild #2 if my guild disbands. Not only do I owe it to them, but they're also a good group of guys. I'm lucky to have found them. I'd definitely enjoy being in guild with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment