Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26, 2009

After taking time away from the game the previous week, I returned with a vengeance at the end of this past one. I had Thursday and Friday off of work, and I spent much of the free time in WoW. Lots of stuff to report. The first of which is very exciting:

Hallowed Be Thy Name - Woo hoo! My first title! As I've expressed before, I usually don't get caught up in hype about anything. In fact, I actively avoid it. Seasonal events in WoW are no exception. My first reaction to them is annoyance -- they're an interruption to my normal routine. Plus, they're a time sink. Bah humbug!

Putting aside all thoughts of time sinks and annoyances, I told myself that I wouldn't have been doing anything else at that time anyway. So, early the first morning I ate my breakfast and had a cup of coffee and went out to get that Hallowed title. It took me nearly the entire day to do so. There were many many candy buckets to visit in the old world. Luckily, I had visited all of the necessary Outland buckets last year. I can't imagine how much longer it would have taken if I had to do those too.

I got many of the achievements last year. Those I had left to complete this year were:
I have to say, once I got into it, I had a lot of fun. There was an adrenaline rush as I got closer and closer to finishing each achievement. And the title was the best of all. At one point I thought I'd never get the G.N.E.R.D. Rage one, but my luck suddenly changed and bam! Another one down. (more about the PVP experience below)

I am very happy, excited and proud to have earned a title. Yeah, I know it's not as noteworthy as it would have been had I gotten it last year. But that doesn't matter to me. I don't care if it took me two Hallow's End seasons to get it. I got it! That's the important thing. :-)

PVP and Me
In order to get the Hallowed title, I had to venture into PVP. It was quite an interesting experience for me. The only other time I had gone into a battleground was right before the WotLK expansion. My mage was still frost and I was bored. I ran a couple Arathi Basins and walked away uninterested. I really don't like PVP. It's just not my thing. But, this time around it was interesting.

Priest -- The first time in I went on my priest as shadow, expecting to dot everyone in sight and get honor points as they died. I was murdered almost instantly every time the enemy got near. Even though I was hiding in crowds, my shadow form must have been why they picked me out of the crowd. That's why I began to panic, thinking I wasn't going to stay alive long enoug to get the G.N.E.R.D. Rage achievement.

But then I changed tactics. I switched back to Holy and healed my way through. That changed the experience completely. The "HK" broadcast started appearing all over the place and I had that achievement in no time. Healing in BGs rocks! lol I also got a few more achievements: Damage Control, 100 Honorable Kills, That Takes Class, The Grim Reaper, Know Thy Enemy Alterac Valley Victory, Everything Counts, Take a Chill Pill, Isle of Conquest Victory and Dinner Impossible. Phew! That's a lot of achievements. And the only one I actually purposefully got was the Dinner Impossible one. I'm so glad I had those feasts sitting around in my inventory still. :)

Druid
-- Realizing how easy it was to get the G.N.E.R.D. Rage achievement, I went back to the BGs with my druid this time. I switched to Resto and was prepared to count the HKs. Lesson number 1: If you're a tree, you're a target. After a few deaths and wasted candies, I decided to heal without switching to tree form. That did the trick. I still got killed many times, but I earned a lot of Honor points and the G.N.E.R.D. Rage achievement. (Though I don't have the patience to do all of the Hallowed achievements.) Like my priest, she earned That Takes Class, Know Thy Enemy and 100 Honorable Kills. She also got a few others: Strand of the Ancients Victory, Ancient Protector and Drop it Now.

Shaman -- Just for the heck of it, I went to a BG with my shaman. That was a waste of time. :-\ She's 31, making her pretty much the bottom of her bracket. And, I really don't know how to play her well since I rarely do so. Needless to say, I didn't even get the G.N.E.R.D. Rage achievement.

So...all in all, my PVP experience was interesting. Healing is very easy to do, especially on my well geared priest. I probably won't go back in there with my priest though since there is no equipment that I am interested in working towards. But, I might go back on my Druid. It seems pretty easy to get gear with PVP, especially since I get honor easily as a healer.

I do have to say, I wonder if people have addons that allow them to see which enemies have the lowest PVP rating or gear because I was quickly targeted every time I got near enemies. Even when I was in a crowd. Hmm...PVP will probably never be my thing, but at least I'm not afraid of it any more.

ToC 25
We tried to do ToC 25 on Friday night. We couldn't get past the Northrend Beasts. Then, we went back on Saturday night -- one shotted the Northrend Beasts and made it all the way to Anub'arak. We got overwhelmed by adds each time we attempted it. We finally called it without bringing him down. Oh well...at least we got a lot further than the previous night. I also got a new robe in there: Flowing Vestments of Ascent. I realized my Spirit is way too high -- imagine that, a Priest complaining about too much Spirit. lol So, I re-enchanted and re-gemmed a few things.

ToC 10 Heroic (Trial of the Grand Crusader 10)
Last night we tried ToC 10 Heroic on 10-man progression run. Most of the guys in the run were not the normal progression team. I'm not sure if we're ever going to have that team again. (Things change so quickly in WoW.) The guys last night were new to the guild -- they had transferred from the Horde side. They had good gear and were very well versed in the fights. I am elated to say that we one shotted the Northrend Beasts! Woo hoo!!! We couldn't get past Jaraxxus though. Oh well, next time.

One odd thing to note. One of the new guys asked me if I used a voice changer. At first I didn't even understand the question. Then when I realized what he was implying, he said my voice sounded just like someone's they used to run with. Strange, eh? I'm not sure what to make of the whole thing.

Hallow's End Stuff
Let's see, in addition to getting the Hallowed title on my priest, I did several Headless Horseman runs with my mage guild. I got a couple of the rings for my druid: Wicked Witch's Band and The Horseman's Seal. Otherwise, the drops were too low quality for my mage and priest. They all got brooms, though. They're always fun to ride around on. :-)

That's about it, I suppose. A lot of fun in one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment