Monday, October 19, 2009

October 19, 2009

I didn't play a whole heck of a lot this weekend. My husband worked both days at ComicCon, which you would think would make for the perfect opportunity for me to get lost in the game. But, instead, I spent the majority of the time doing other things. I'm in one of those down-swings, where I'm avoiding logging in because of pressure to do things.

I'm not feeling inspired to raid, so I don't log on with my priest. And since my priest's guild knows my mage alt, I can't log in with her either. And, if I log in with my druid, my guildies will ask me to log on with my mage so we can raid and/or do the Hallow's End stuff. Vicious cycle. I really don't feel like playing my other alts, so I end up not playing at all.

Time away from the game is good.

But, I didn't go completely without playing.

Trial of the Crusader (25-man)
On Friday I went to ToC 25 with my priest's guild. We only wiped a couple times on the first two encounters. I got a nice new cloak which apparently is a BiS item. Woo hoo!

As expected, though, we had a hard time with the Champions encounter. We wiped numerous times and several people left. We finally called it. The officers had a meeting right afterward. I suspect they're angry at the number of people who bailed after a couple wipes. They called a guild meeting for the following day, which I didn't attend. (Another thing I felt I was obligated to do, so I didn't.)

Druid Leveling
On Saturday the only thing I did was level my druid for an hour and a half late at night. I told my guildmates that I was hiding from my other guild. I got her to lvl 79. I really wanted to get her to 80 this weekend. But, since Sunday was the beginning of Hallow's End, I knew I couldn't play her that day without my guildies asking me to switch to my mage.

Trial of the Champion (Regular)
After spending all of Sunday avoiding the game, I finally logged in late with my Warlock to do some dailies. Since no one knows who I am on my warlock, it's safe. (I'm so glad I've avoided revealing my identity on him...I have been tempted a few times, but days like yesterday are good reminders of how valuable it is to be anonymous on him.)

I hadn't even finished my dailies when I was invited to join a ToC regular group. I ran it twice with a group for which I was the top DPS. Surprising since I stopped gearing that toon soon after hitting 80 -- his gear score is in the low 3000s. Then that group split up and I joined another one. The druid tank in the second group was from the top guild on our server and his gear score was 5200+. Drool! Needless to say, I was the lowest DPS in that group. On that run, when I contributed the least, I won a wrist item! I feel kinda guilty, because he's really just my bank alt -- I never intend on gearing him much. But, not too guilty, since I was the only clothie in the group.

Horde Alt
Out of boredom, I switched to my horde server and did a couple things.

First, since I hadn't been on that server in so long, my lvl 26 BE Pally was still mount-less. So, i logged in with him and purchased the mount spell. I ran around a little in Silvermoon City, enjoying the speed.

Then I switched to my lvl 9 Orc Hunter. I decided I'd finally get him to lvl 10 so he could tame an animal. Just as I was going to go out and get some XP, I got caught up in the "put out the fires" event. When that was over and I got an achievement under my belt, I ran off to finish some quests. About a half hour later I was lvl 10 and had a tamed pet. I logged after that.

Miscellaneous
So, that's it. To some it might sound like a lot. But, considering how much I usually play, that was very minimal. We'll see if I play during the week. On the one hand, the break might do me good. It will also make my story for my disappearance more believable (like when one calls in a couple sick days in a row so it's more believable). But, I do know I'll be disappointed if I skip playing through the entirety of Hallow's End.

The torture I put myself through sometimes when I'm avoiding just doing whatever I want to do instead of what people expect me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment