Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010

Been a while since I posted. I've been busy spending hours in our PC lab at work lately. I've been testing for trago, tucky, marco, etc.

Let's see if I can recap what has happened in game. Luckily for me, the Armory now lists your boss kills and achievements chronologically. So, I can pretty much rely on it for the details. :)

ICC 25 (Priest)
We now have Professor officially on farm. I'm still a little dubious -- not sure we're going to actually be able to get him down each week. But, we have done so for the past two weeks, which makes it officially farm content.

Blood Prince Council is also on farm.

Blood Queen Lana'thel is causing us problems. We spent nearly two full raid nights (8 hours total) trying this encounter. We've gotten her close -- I think 9% was the best we got it to. Perhaps tomorrow night we'll get some more gear on folks on the first several bosses, which will then help with that encounter.

The lack of quick progression is disappointing the officers and frustrating the raiders. No one likes trying the same encounter for 4 hours straight. Unfortunately, this is resulting in tension, arguments and raised tempers. One of our top ranged DPS rage quit the raid last week. I'm not exactly sure why, since I wasn't privy to the ranged chat channel conversation.

I have to say that the officers are disappointing me. I realize it's just a game and that people aren't necessarily trained managers just because they're guild leaders. But, I am really surprised by how unprofessional they are sometimes. They seem to think that ridicule is the way to motivate people to succeed. Instead of easing the tensions in the raid, they're making them worse by yelling at people and threatening to recruit better raiders. It's all very ugly.

ICC 10 (Priest)
Our 10 man team is a much more positive group, though it's not without its issues.

We have Professor on farm in 10 man too, though I still hold doubts about it truly being farm content only after 2 successful kills. We'll see.

Blood Prince Council = farm.

Blood Queen Lana'thel -- We got her down for the first time last night. Woot!

Valithria Dreamwalker -- We got her down in two tries last night. Woot!

Now that's some nice progression. :)

Shaman Leveling
I haven't leveled my shaman much in the past few weeks. Instead I've been focusing on...

Paladin Leveling
Yep, I'm focused on her again. Not so much because I find her fun to play. But because I'm obsessed with leveling her Blacksmithing. Hey...whatever works. :) I'm at a tough spot in the leveling process -- making Arcanite Rods. I've got Thorium up the wazoo, but Arcane Crystals are tough to find and they're way expensive on the AH. Thank goodness my boomkin is able to transmute them, otherwise I'd have to buy the actual Arcanite Bars, which are even more expensive.

So, I'm at a decision point. Do I pay for the crystals and move on? Or do I continue to mine Thorium until enough drop? I'll probably choose the latter. I'm not taking her into instances all that often since I really don't enjoy doing so on her. For some reason, I'm enjoying leveling slowly and mining on her. So, for now, I'll take it easy and level blacksmithing the old fashion way.

New Title
Oh...and I am now an Elder!

No comments:

Post a Comment