Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February 10, 2010

What do Snow, Love, PVP, Fools, Blacksmiths, Calendars and Subways have in common? Not much, unless you're in my world. Let me see if I can explain the connection they all have:

This morning I woke up with only one Achievement left for the the Love Fool title -- I Pitied the Fool. I still had the Battle Ring of Gurubashi Arena and the Arathi Basin Blacksmith parts to do. (PVP).

Last night there was a huge snow storm, which is still going as I type this. So, everyone and their mother is either taking a day off or encountering major delays on their commute in. So, even though I could theoretically walk to work, I decided to join the masses and use the snow as an excuse to be late to work. (Snow)

Because we anticipated the snow storm, my morning meetings were cancelled. So, being late would not be that much of a problem anyway because my calendar was free. (Calendar)

I went to Exodar and Darnassus to do the daily quests and purchased a Love Fool. I already had one in my inventory. So that gave me the two I needed. Woot! (Fools)

I hopped in the portal to Blasted Lands and joined the queue for Arathi Basin while making my way to Stranglethorn Vale. It only took a few seconds to queue. I popped into AB, ran around the horde, dismounted as soon as I saw the word "Blacksmith" on my screen and pitied a fool. (Blacksmith).

I typed "afk" and immediately returned to my flight to STV. I took a shower while my toon flew. When I was finished I made my way to the Battle Ring. I pitied my final fool. And bang! Fool for Love! (Love)

So you might still be wondering what the Subway has to do with all of this? Well, as soon as I got the title, I exited the game and got dressed really quickly. By the time I walked out the door, it was already 9:15 a.m. I was convinced that I would not make it to work by 9:30. As I walked down the stairs in the subway station, my train was just pulling in. Because of the snow, there was practically nobody on the train so I got a seat, which is unusual at that time of morning. Then, the commute to to my office was the fastest ever because of the lack of crowds. I got to my desk at 9:27. After all that, I wasn't late!!!! (Subway)

I've got a brand new title and I owe it all to the snow and all the direct or indirect effects it had on my world today! Hurray!! :-)

Icecrown Citadel 25 (Priest)
Regular raiding night last night. It started off very badly. something happened during the weekly maintenance that made it (1) take 20 minutes to get past the loading screen and (2) impossible to cast or do pretty much anything else. We postponed our start time an hour, which really helped.

So, we quickly and easily cleared the first section. I sat out the first couple fights but joined for the Air Ship and the weekly ICC raid boss. No drops for this gal, but my emblems are really stacking up. We got to professor, on whom there is no longer a limited number of attempts. We got him down to 1% (50k health). It was so utterly exciting. But then we healers dropped like flies and then a tank died and it was all over. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the closest we had ever come to beating him. Our 2 attempts afterward were not as successful. We'll get him Thursday...we have the DPS and the mastery of the fight. We can do it!!!

Icecrown Citadel 10 (Priest)
Right afterward my 10-man team went in and we cleared up to Professor, which is pretty much the usual progress we make on Tuesday nights. Tonight we'll start with him. I really really hope we get him down. But, a couple of our regulars are not going to be there tonight, so it might be tough.

Social Networking
OK...now a rare non-WoW related topic. My boss just told me yesterday that she wants me to attend a big conference in Nashville this summer. I hate those types of events. I feel overwhelmed by the crowds -- not claustrophobic, just out of place. I don't like networking, and that's what this event is all about. Meeting and talking with my peers. Ugh! Nashville will be a nice city to visit. But networking while I'm there -- not so much. :-(

Progress
And one more personal note. Michael, of Michael and Shannon, sat near me on the subway today and actually said "thank you" when I allowed him to pass me in the hallway. Some day we might all be on speaking terms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment