Friday, September 11, 2009

So Many Options, So Little Time

I've been thinking a lot recently about something that I experience all the time in the game -- the fact that you can only play one toon at a time. I know, it's nothing earth shattering. And, although it's possible to play more than one by dual boxing (or however it's called), you still can only focus on one thing at a time.

I'm an altoholic. Although I have two toons that are my "mains", I have several others that I like to play. This issue doesn't come up for me when I have things planned -- like raids, or emblem farm runs. But, when I have nothing planned, I often stare at the character selection screen and have a tough time deciding which to play.

Any time spent on any toon means no Emblem of Conquest / Triumph progress on any of the others. If I'm in an emblem farming mood, it's tough to decide which 80 will get my attention.

When I'm not in the mood to farm emblems, I consider playing alts. That brings its own set of options.

Do I gather herbs on my DK to raise my Druid's alchemy? Or do I just level my Druid so she can get her own herbs?

Do I gather ore on my Priest so my Pally can raise her Blacksmithing? Or do I just level my Pally and let her get her own ore?

Do I gather ore on my Priest in search of Titanium for prospecting? Or do I focus on leveling my druid's alchemy so she can just create the new gems through transmuting?

Do I fish on my Priest so I can have mats for Fish Feasts for this week's raiding?

Do I do dailies on my Priest or Warlock for cash and/or reputation grind?

Do I spend time on my bank alt, playing the AH for extra money?

The list goes on.

I know I'm stressing over what others might find inconsequential. But, for someone with altoholism, it's a big deal.

Since I have plans to do ToC10 tonight, I'm pretty safe. But, when I get home, I have to decide what to do before the raid. Emblem farm? Dailies for cash? Level an alt? Gather herbs for alchemy?

So many options...so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment