Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 8, 2009

I was on vacation part of last week and yesterday was Labor Day. So I had 6 days of potential play time. I would like to be able to say I played 6 days straight! But, the reality is that I would be in divorce court if that were the case. I did, however, play *as much as possible*.

So, what does one do when they have six days to play? Continue to gear up my main (priest), getting into 25-man groups? Focus on gearing up my mage, who is still in mostly ilvl 200 gear? Focus on leveling my alts?

How about a little bit of all of those?

Shaman Leveling
I played my Shaman a little bit my first day off. I had some errands to run and didn't want to get involved in a raid or heroic farming. So, I decided to "hide" on my Shaman and do some leveling. I only gained one level (30), followed up doing the Air totem quest.

Druid Leveling
This is where I, surprisingly, spent most of my time. It was the perfect mix of avoiding the monotony of running heroics and yet not being completely hidden from my friends. As noted in last week's level check, she was 48 when I started the weekend. I finished up some Tanaris quests, cleared all of Un'Goro Crater, swept through Felwood, dabbled in WinterSpring, did a Scholomance run with guildies and got my 58 level ding! in Silithus. As usual, I stayed up extra late last night to get the last few quests done to reach my goal. I then ported over to Blasted Lands (thank you, Blizzard, for putting in those new portals!) and stepped into Outland. I did the metal/wood quest and got a new helm. Then, I called it a night.

ToC 10
I returned to ToC 10 with my main guild this past weekend. After some mis-starts, we did well...even bringing down the extra boss, giving us the achivement.

I went with my mage's guild, but we still struggled on the 2nd encounter. I'm sure we'll get it down. Practice makes perfect.

Ulduar 10
My mage's guild asked me to jump into their Ulduar 10 run. They were on Hodir. We tried 3 or 4 times, but just couldn't do it. Then we had enough time to try Thorim once. For the first time, I ran the gauntlet. The arena folks died, unfortunately, so we wiped. The good thing is now they've seen it. And everyone has promised to watch videos and read guides.

Ulduar 25
My main's guild tried to run Ulduar 25 with another guild. Fail fail fail. We tried to get Flame Leviathan down 4 or 5 times with two towers up. Why anyone thought it was a good idea to try that the first time we worked together is beyond me. Finally, after 2.5 hours of attempts, we decided to take the two towers down and do it on regular difficulty. Piece o' cake.

We then wiped ingloriously on Razorscale. Night over!

General
I got a few pieces of equipment on both my mage and my priest. I can't remember what they are, but they are good. :-)

So...what do I do tonight? Raid? Run Heroics? Or level my druid? So much to do, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment