Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 9, 2009

Last night there were horrible server issues. I had logged on with my warlock and found an AN group right away. We had just started on the second boss when everything went strange. I could hear myself casting, but I couldn't see the action on my screen. Then I started taking tons of damage over and over and over again. It was actually quite funny to see. Nothing was moving on my screen, but the damage numbers kept flying across. I felt invincible. :)

Another funny thing was that Party chat worked perfectly fine. So we were all discussing what we were seeing. After a few minutes of the pain, we all agreed to log.

I watched So You Think You Can Dance -- Jason is soooooo hot! -- then afterward logged back in. All server problems were resolved. I found a Nexus group and did a couple bosses, but didn't finish. It was an odd experience. Only one other person in the group was familiar with the instance. The other three had never been there before. At this point I'm not used to people being completely new to things. It took me by surprise

Another odd thing was that the tank, having never been there before, chose to start on the right corridor, instead of going around clockwise. I hate to admit it, but I was disoriented the entire time. According to PuG Checker, I have completed Nexus 34 times. Out of all those times, I have never gone to the right. Every group I've been with before last night went clockwise. What is more odd? The fact that last night we went right? Or the fact that everyone else goes left, as if it were a rule?

Anyway...we didn't finish because the healer disconnected and never came back. It was very late for me anyway, so I just called it a night.

I missed my weekly multi-raid run because of the server outage.

No comments:

Post a Comment