Friday, July 10, 2009

July 10, 2009

Naxxramas
Last night we returned to Naxx and had a fun time. I especially enjoyed it because I got three new pieces! Darned Armory hasn't updated my toon's info in over a week. But, if I remember correctly, I got the following items: Perceptors Bindings, Miasma Mantle and the tier token for chest. Unfortunately, tier chest lowers my +hit far too much from what the Ebonweave Robe. I did a lot of equipment switching and it seems that it's in my best interests to not wear the tier robe. The loss of hit would impact me too much.

Darn...I was so excited about getting that.

/rant
Though it does make me wonder what the designers were thinking. Why in the world would the T7 pieces for mages, when worn together, not give a substantial amount of +hit? I'm not suggesting they max +hit, but to not have hit on them at all? What's that about? Looking at the list of T7 gear for mages, I see a total of 75 hit (33 gloves, 36 pants, 6 chest when gemmed properly). That's not even close to the hit cap. Why in the world didn't each of the pieces have some hit? It's not as if there's an optional spec for mages that doesn't rely on hit, like for priests (heal = no hit, dps = hit).
/rant

OK...anyway...we had fun. And we finished up to Thaddius before calling it a night. I'm so glad to be with this guild, especially since there are a number of East coasters like me. So they agree with me that 8pm server is "late". :)

Old Guild Stuff
So, last night while I was in Naxx my two main ex-guild mates logged in. We exchanged hellos then they happily pointed out that they were going to Ulduar. One had already gotten a T8 drop this week and the other was hoping to get something. After listening to him (the latter) complain that he hasn't been able to run Ulduar until now (welcome to a big raiding guild, IDIOT!), he finally said something that totally pissed me off. It was something like, "How's it going in Naxx? As fail as usual?"

What an asshole. I was elated to be able to respond, "Not at all. We've already got three quarters down and will probably finish the fourth by the end of the night."

His response, "I'm honestly surprised."

Dear Reader, you probably don't understand the impact of what he said. But, trust me, those were mean comments. I didn't respond to him after that. I had nothing to say.

2 comments:

  1. You don't get much hit on Tier gear, because you can get so much hit on other stuff. Eventually you will have the dilemma of too much hit, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to that time! :-)

    ReplyDelete