Thursday, January 8, 2009

More thoughts about 25-man healing

So, I've been thinking a lot about last night's experience healing the 25-man Obsidian. My thoughts are below. They're unorganized, but I want to at least get them down.
  1. I definitely need a different addon to heal with. Healbot just wasn't cutting it for me. I did a fair amount of reading today and I think I'm going to try Grid/Clique. We'll see how much of a difference it makes.
  2. I realize I might have been overhealing the tanks last night. As I pointed out below, I was assigned to raid healing, but I spent a lot of time healing the tanks. I realize now it might be because I couldn't see the incoming heals from the other healers. It's very possible that many of my heals were wasted. I wonder if that's something Recount can show me. Also, I'm not sure this is solved by switching to Grid/Clique. From what I understand, it's a question of having similar addons so they talk to each other.
  3. I watched a tankspot.com video of the OS boss fight today. I noticed immediately that the tank positioned the dragon about the same spot as the tank last night. I also noticed, however, that the ranged/healers all stood most of the fight at the spot where the left-side gap is. They only move forward as necessary to get into the right-side gap. Also, the off tank downed all the adds right there with the group of healers/ranged. They never brought the adds to the dragon, like my group was trying to do last night. I think that helped keep aggro under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment